Sealing Records of Criminal Proceedings (NRS 179.245)

If you were convicted of a felony and 15 years or more have elapsed from the date of your conviction (or release from actual custody if imprisoned), you may petition the court in which the conviction was obtained for the sealing of all records relating to the conviction. Please see NRS 179.245 for more information and restrictions regarding the sealing of a record. If you were convicted in Clark County, there is a self-help packet available online at:

Please note, according the Nevada Attorney General's office (see informal opinion), the sealing of a record does not restore the right to bear arms.